Building a modern, efficient, and eco-friendly home has never been more achievable. With Ensolar, you can pair cutting-edge design with the latest in green technology, such as energy-efficient appliances, solar panels, and battery storage. This not only significantly reduces your energy bill but can even eliminate it if you opt for solar energy.
Key Factors to Consider When Building a Solar-Powered Home
When you decide to go solar with Ensolar, there are several key considerations to keep in mind. Here are the four main principles:
- Orientation of the Roof: A southern-facing roof is ideal for maximizing solar energy production. However, east and west-facing panels can also be effective without a significant loss in power. Ensolar’s experts will help you determine the best orientation for your home.
- Tree Placement: Shade can significantly reduce the efficiency of your solar panels. It’s advisable to avoid planting large trees on the side where your solar panels will be installed.
- Roof Material: Ensolar can install solar panels on almost any type of metal or shingle roof. We recommend choosing a durable roof material that will last as long as your solar PV system. For instance, standing seam metal roofs are excellent choices due to their long lifespan.
- Electrical Infrastructure: One of the benefits of building a new home with solar in mind is the seamless integration of solar technology into your home’s electrical system. Ensolar will collaborate with you and your contractor to ensure a high-performing and aesthetically pleasing solar energy setup.
Getting Started with Ensolar
To kickstart the design and cost estimation process for your solar system, we’ll need the following information:
- Contractor’s phone number
- Design/Architectural Drawings
- Structural Information
- Electrical Information
- Building Timeline
When planning your solar-powered dream home, aim for a roof that is unshaded, free of obstructions like dormers or chimneys, and made of solar-friendly materials.
Make Your Solar Dream Home a Reality with Ensolar
We hope this guide proves useful as you work on building your dream home. If you or your contractor have any questions about integrating solar into your plans, the Ensolar team is here to assist you. Ready to take the next step? Contact us for a free estimate at 833-786-6749 or visit our website at ensolarusa.com